Seniors Creating Change is a grassroots group focused on seniors
empowering themselves to call for an end to elder abuse.
The group sings in public places to raise awareness of the
root causes of ageism and social isolation.
- 5th National Elder Abuse Conference: via Video Link, Sydney
- Everglow Community Care - Office Opening
- Deadly Families Fun Day
- World Day for Cultural Diversity
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day - Mayoral Declaration
- Motoco Dam Fine Rally
- Horseshoe Bay Markets, Magnetic Island
- Alliance Francaise de Townsville: Fete de la Musique
- LGBTIQ Network Day
- International Women's Day celebration
- Light the Night, Latern Walk - Leukaemia Foundation
- TAIHS and NQ Primary Health Seniors Expo
- Seniors Week Information Stall
- Full Throttle Theatre - International Womens Day
- Townsville Womens Correctional Centre
- National Motorhome Rally
- Rehabilitation Unit, Townsville Hospital
- Townsville City Council Neighbour Day Celebrations
- Candlelight Vigil, Women's Centre
- KLP Family Law - Australia's Biggest Morning Tea
- Various Aged Care Facilities in Townsville
It has a powerful message to deliver and I believe we are raising awareness of the impact of ageism in our society.
SENIORS CREATING CHANGE’S COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENTS
HAVE BEEN HECTIC AND ECLECTIC.
Always keep a song in your heart.
Seniors Creating Change is a Townsville Community Legal Service initiative.