Seniors Creating Change is a grassroots group focused on seniors
empowering themselves to call for an end to elder abuse.
The group sings in public places to raise awareness of the
root causes of ageism and social isolation.
- 6th National Elder Abuse Conference: live performance, Brisbane
- Virtual Performances with Various Aged Care Facilities in Townsville
- Deadly Families Fun Day
- World Day for Cultural Diversity
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day - Mayoral Declaration
- Motoco Dam Fine Rally
- UN International Day of Older Persons - Flashmob, Stockland Townsville
- Sunday on Flinders. Cotters Markets, Townsville
- LGBTIQ Network Day
- International Women's Day celebration
- Light the Night, Latern Walk - Leukaemia Foundation
- TAIHS and NQ Primary Health Seniors Expo
- Seniors Week Information Stall
- Full Throttle Theatre - International Womens Day
- Townsville Womens Correctional Centre
- Bowen Sunday Markets, Bowen
- Rehabilitation Unit, Townsville Hospital
- Day Respite Centres, Townsville
- Candlelight Vigil, Women's Centre
- KLP Family Law - Australia's Biggest Morning Tea
- Various Aged Care Facilities in Townsville
It has a powerful message to deliver and I believe we are raising awareness of the impact of ageism in our society.
SENIORS CREATING CHANGE’S COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENTS
HAVE BEEN HECTIC AND ECLECTIC.
Always keep a song in your heart.
Seniors Creating Change is a Townsville Community Law initiative.